Thai Pumpkin Soup
Flavorful, sweet, Thai-spiced soup
Servings: 7 3/4 cup
- 1 onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 15oz can low fat (lite) coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook onion, garlic and brown sugar in olive oil until onionis soft.
- Add broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until onions are very soft, stirring occasionally,about 15 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, peanut butter and remaining spices. Cook until warmed, 5 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender or use an immersion blender to blend soup untilsmooth.
- Serve topped with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts (per 3/4 cup): 139 calories, 9g fat, 4g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 5g added sugar, 4g protein, 37mg calcium, 368mg potassium, 75mg phosphorus, 19mg oxalate