Quick Pickled Vegetables
Servings: 2 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup your favorite veggie thinly sliced
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until sugar and salt are dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables. Let sit at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Drain vegetables and enjoy!
My favorite veggies to pickle are carrots, shallots, onions, carrots, cabbage, daikon and jicama. Use pickled veggies to add a HUGE punch of flavor to all sorts of foods. Try them on sandwiches, salads or tacos. I promise you will get addicted! *Nutrition Facts (per 1/4 cup): 26 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 0.5g fiber, 3g added sugar, 0.3g protein, 8mg calcium, 42mg potassium, 9mg phosphorus, 0.5mg oxalate *Calculated using red onion and assuming you do not drink the pickling liquid.